RE: "A Tale of Two Renaissance Faires"
Wednesday 18 June @ 13:14:51
The following is a letter we received from Rob Gilbertson Jr. who says he is President/CEO of RosenThorne Productions published in its entirety:
“You will immediately and without delay pull the story, ‘Tale of Two Renaissance Faires,’ written by Sarah Sawyer from your publication and the internet. Further, you will print a retraction at your expense, publish it on the internet and via your paper, even if it must be in a special edition. Further, should there be ANY repercussions that injure RosenThorne Renaissance Faire or RosenThorne Productions, Inc. you will be responsible for them in their entirety, both personally and thru your paper.
“Further, you will print this and only this statement. Should this statement be edited or amended or added to or in any way changed or commented on, we will take this to be a further attempt to cast aspersions on all involved.
“The article ‘A Tale of Two Renaissance Faires’ was written without the consent of the content of said article. We at RosenThorne disavow any support of the views against MRF in this article. We have the utmost respect for MRF and love that show. Further, the pictures in this article were NOT used by permission and these actors do not have any connection to the opinions expressed against MRF by the author or the paper or Mikael Rudolf.”
Editor: Pulse of the Twin Cities stands behind ‘A Tale of Two Renaissance Faires’ and Sarah Sawyer, its author.
To give credit where credit is due, the photos for last week’s cover story were taken by Chris Nash.